Security and IoT days in conjunction with hackathon on oneM2M deployment in smart cities - INSA Toulouse
The management of IT security in the Internet of Things is essential today with the strong growth of this area. Despite the very real awareness of security issues both by the academic world and by the industrial world, many vulnerabilities are discovered every day, as well as attacks exploiting these vulnerabilities. Computer security is a complex issue because it is multi-faceted. It is both related to organizational but also technical issues. It concerns the machines, the network and the software. For any organization that relies on a reliable information system, it is therefore essential to take into account day-to-day security.
These days, jointly organized by INSA Toulouse and LAAS-CNRS are directly in this context and addressed both to students and to any industrial and academic public concerned by the problems of computer security. They aim to constitute an exchange forum for students as well as the academic and industrial community in Toulouse to interact around current topics of Computer Security applied to the Internet of Things. A set of speakers whose expertise is recognized both in France and abroad will follow one another during these days. These interventions will foster discussions and debates on emerging issues in the security of IoT systems and ways to address them.
The day of Wednesday, January 24 will be dedicated to security in IoT with a transverse view. The morning of Thursday, January 25 will focus on safety and the global standard for IoT - OneM2M and the issues in smart cities. The afternoon of the 25th, the night and Friday 26th morning will be dedicated to a hackathon for Toulouse students to put into action what they have learned during these days and propose new applications in the smart city based on the standard oneM2M by integrating security aspects.
These days are also supported by a set of partners, Cap'tronic, ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute, INSA, INTEL, LAAS-CNRS, RTRA STAE with the project "Safety and Privacy" Thematic.
Registration at the various times of these days is free but mandatory, the number of places being limited to 150 people for seminars and 80 people for the hackathon. (Please inform the organizers in case of withdrawal: V. Nicomette nicomett @ laas.fr for seminars and T. Monteil monteil @ laas.fr for hacktahon)
- Wednesday 24th January 2018 (more information on Day one)
- 8:30 - registration
- 9:00 - Opening Security-IoT days
- 9:15 - Cap'tronic - Didier Viratelle (Cap'tronic)
- 9:30 - Security in IOT cellular networks - Nicolas Damour (Sierra Wireless)
- 10:30 : coffee break
- 11:00 - Bluetooth Smart (or not) - Damien Cauquil (Digital Security)
- 12:00 - Security Certification for Iot - Romain Bergé (CESTI, Thales)
- 13:00 - 14:15 - Lunch
- 14:15 - IoT and LPWAN security : Sigfox and LoRaWAN - Renaud Lifchitz (Digital Security)
- 15:15 - End-to-end data security for IoT: from a cloud of encryptions to encryption in the cloud - Jacques Fournier (CEA Leti)
- 16:15 - coffeee break
- 16:15 - ST Micro Electronics (TBC)
- 17:45 - Conclusion of the day
- Thursday 25th January 2018 (more information on Day two )
- 9:00 - OneM2M Standard: a friendly approach – Samir Medjiah (LAAS-CNRS) TBC
- 9:45 - New Challenges to overcome for cybersecurity in the IoT age: The oneM2M Toolbox - François Ennesser (Gemalto - IoT standardization expert)
- 10:00 Coffee break
- 10:30 Experiments, project and needs for a smart city by Toulouse métropole – Gauthier Aubourg (Toulouse métropole)
- 11:15 – brainstorming on smart city
- 11:45 – information on the hackathon
- 12:00 lunch
- 13:30 starting the hackathon
- Friday 26th January 2018
- 9:00 parallel jury for hackathon
- 10:30 results of the hackathon
Registration : https://www.laas.fr/registration/security-and-iot-days