Nano-ingénierie et intégration des oxydes métalliques et de leurs interfaces
Responsables : Alain ESTEVE Carole ROSSI Secrétariat : Izold de Coëtlogon
The scientific and technological developments of the past two decades have seen the emergence of micro and nano-technologies. New capacities to organize the matter with atomic scale precision have made it possible to create new nanostructured materials (nanosheets, nanowires, nanoparticle-based nanostructures) with improved performances. NEO focusses on Metal/oxide energetic materials for energy-related systems (heat generation, mechanical actuator, H2 production).
NEO conducts researches in two main research topics:
- Design and Integration of Nanothermites for pyroMEMS. Nanothermites offer, beyond their applicative interest, multiple exciting scientific and technological challenges at various scales. Known for their high reactivity, these metastable nanostructures are driven by local exothermic reactions (at the scale of a few atoms) that can generate changes at a larger scale with impact on both the overall nanostructure composition and materials properties.
- Design and hierarchical assemblies of nanomaterials for H2 production. Nanotechnologies brought many potentialities as well as challenges in the field of energy. We explore advanced processes and nanostructures, supported by modelling tools to produce gaseous H2.
NEO is coordinating :
- an international laboratory, the CNRS LIA-ATLAB (ATomically precise nano-engineering LABoratory)
- a chaire d’attractivité de l’Université Fédérale de Toulouse MUSE (MUlti-Scale Engineering: a platform for designing and manufacturing advanced oxide-based nanostructures and materials)
both of them in collaboration with Yves Chabal and his research team from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- a joint laboratory with LACROIX RUGIERI, IMPYACT.