Physical Vapor Deposition
Metallization area involves 2 deposition technologies
- Thermal evaporation: it involves heating a material by joule effect or electron gun, sprayed, it will be deposited on a substrate
- Sputtering : the principle of sputtering is to create a plasma of a neutral gas (Ar, N2) under low pressure between 2 electrodes which one (the anode) is the mass(with the substrate) and the other (the cathode) has a strongly negative potential, it is the target (material to file). The target is bombarded by positive ions of the plasma to remove molecules which will be deposited on the substrate.
This depositions occurs under secondary vacuum
The area is not free acces but with a weekly planning
The area is composed of 7 machines of deposits including 5 groups of thermal evaporation and 2 sputtering groups.
- Evaporation : Ag, Al, CR, Cu, Ni, Pt, Ti…….
- Magnetron cathode sputtering: Al, at, AuGe, AuZn, Cu, Ni, Pt, Ta, W
- Magnetron cathode reactive (O2)souttering : CuO, ITO, PZT
Polymer micro mirror
Multilayers Al, CuO for energitical materials