Networks and Communications
Head: Philippe OWEZARSKI
Secretary: Layla MOURCHID
SARA: Services and Architectures for Advanced Networks
CDA: Distributed Computing and Asynchronism
- Research objects:
- Networks, New generation communication networks and their applications.
- Study's objectives:
- Mastery of design, planning, deployment management, and supervision.
- Development of methods, models and tools, proposals for architectures, protocols and services.
- Analysis, performance evaluation, control and prototyping software and communication platforms.
- Modelling and control of large scale dynamic systems.
- Design of systems with hard requirements (functional and non-functional) and stringent constraints (energy, resources).
- Service continuity and quality in mobile networks.
- Dynamic and autonomic service and event-oriented, component-based software architecures.
Research areas and platforms
- Traffic Monitoring, Modeling and Analysis
- Predict, optimize, and monitor performances.
- Stochastic modelling and distributed control.
- Development of metrology tools.
- Network Planning and Optimization
- Routing and deployment optimization.
- Equipements sizing.
- Looking for optimal topologies.
- Protocols for Adaptiveness and Guarantee
- Protocols and basic mechanisms for adaptive QoS or guaranteed communication services.
- Methods for discovery, composition and dynamic configuration.
- Architectures for communication and services
- Highly constrained and heterogeneous, dynamic and large-scale contexts.
- Coherence among the applications requirements and the environments's constraints.
- Distributed Algorithms and Application
- Determination of the global state, termination.
- Peer to peer computing, massively distributed environments.
- Experimental Plateforms
- Protocol architectures and mechanisms.
- QoS, Security and Supervision.
- Sensor networks, Internet of Things, Machine-to-Machine communications
- Large networks, dynamic networks.