Evolvability and autonomy
Evolution during service life is a requirement, particularly for long-lived systems. Dependable systems, which continuously deliver trustworthy services, must exhibit a high degree of evolvability and autonomy to accommodate changes, e.g., new threats or variations in available resources.
To this end, we need to develop new theories and methods for describing, designing and analyzing dependable self-organizing and self-adapting systems.
- Adaptability of fault tolerance software
- Defenses for autonomously-adapting systems
- Risk analysis for autonomously-adapting systems
- Testing of autonomous system software
- Testing of aspect-oriented software
- On-line evaluation of resilience